Saturday, November 17, 2007

Kids not Critters

Enough with the nasty bugs and other creatures that we share our home with. Thought some of you would like to see some pictures of the kids. They are growing quickly! And they love it here.

When the rains started, we were able to get the kids' new umbrellas out. The boys had been playing in the rain since there was no lightning with that shower. The umbrellas were simply props for this picture. They obviously were not used to keep them dry. The little lady that Becky is stayed dry - this time.
The boys are also sporting their new shirts from our church in SC. Caleb's frog shirt is so appropriate, since he loves to catch the frogs and toads.




Becky often asks me if she can wash my dishes. As there is always a pile of them by the sink, I wish I could tell her, "Yes, go ahead." However, washing dishes here in Africa is a little more complicated than in the States. Actual washing is the same, but then I rinse the dishes in boiling hot water with bleach added. At three years of age, I don't think Becky is able do this safely. I do let her help dry and put the dishes away, though. Here she is wearing one of the Washer's (no pun intended) aprons to protect her dress from bleach splatters.

1 comment:

js said...

I love the picture of Becky drying the dishes. She looks so cute!