Friday, August 1, 2008

Birds


Since moving into the city of Kitwe we have missed the variety of wildlife that we enjoyed seeing and hearing when we lived in a more rural area. So it was a real treat when I heard some bird noises outside that definitely were not the obnoxious cawing of the ever-present crows. I went out to try to find the feathered source of this more pleasant sound. After some searching, I discovered two medium sized birds which were green and yellow. First they were in trees along the side and back of the yard and then flew away. As they flew, I could see more yellow under their wings. A little while later, they returned but this time to the trees along the front of the yard. They were high up in the trees, so I wasn't able to get very good pictures of them. Here are the best of what I got. I think they look like small parrots. They walked along the branches like parrots and were eating seeds from the trees.

No comments: