Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mozart?


I was working on some simple flute arrangements of hymns that I want to play at church for a special service. While I was sitting at the piano picking out the notes and drawing them them on score paper, Becky was watching me. Then she got some paper and started composing her own song. In the picture, I think she is trying to draw a treble cleff, but it ended up looking like a capital B. She also loves to sit at the piano and "practice for her piano lesson". She is not taking lessons, but some of her MK friends are, so she hears them talk about it.




Then Caleb was inspired and was not to be outdone by his little sister. His song is quite lengthy and is called "Boy ABC". He even plays it on the piano - he thinks. Some of the notes appear to be lower than the range of the piano keyboard however.


The kids are young, Caleb at 6 and Becky at 4, but I think there are musicians in there somewhere.

No comments: